Monday, April 20, 2009

Trials

By the time I have any sort of publishment (hush, it's a word because I say it is), I'll either have stopped writing fanfiction, or I'll have buried it far underground while I continue, with absolutely no hints to who I am. But at the moment, I wish someone else was writing Eversong, because I find it infinitely easier to write stories that deal with other people's prefabricated characters. I already know how a certain character is going to react to a certain episode, because I have prior experience with reading and/or watching that character.


Having to write my own characters and make them different from one another, but still likeable enough that they would willingly 'hang out' together is tough.


Added to the fact that most of the time, I picture what's going on in my writing while it's in my head. It plays like a movie in my mind, and then I take that movie and translate it to written words, something like a screenplay in reverse. Eversong simply refuses to play. It's like a scratched up DVD that won't work any more.


I said last night on my Twitter that I needed a creative kick in the head.

Do I ever. It is now the end of April, and I still have less than a page written. I'm going to be very busy in the coming months, the moment my inspiration for the novels arises, because there is absolutely no way I'm going to allow the new year to come and go without having at least the first draft written.

No comments:

Post a Comment